Aminah helps companies navigate environmental regulatory regimes across the product life cycle, from market access obligations at the product development stage to proper end-of-life management.
She focuses her practice on regulatory compliance counseling and environmental enforcement defense matters. She helps clients in a wide range of industries navigate through the myriad of environmental regulatory regimes applicable in the U.S. at the federal, state and local level, with a particular emphasis on California-specific regulatory regimes.
Aminah routinely advises and defends clients on issues arising from California’s state-specific product stewardship programs, product take-back and recycling requirements, hazardous waste and materials management regimes and Proposition 65. Her practice also extends to global environmental and product-related environmental regimes, including chemicals-related market access requirements and electronic waste take-back and recycling obligations.
In addition to her regulatory practice, Aminah has successfully represented clients in civil and administrative enforcement proceedings, contaminated property litigation, citizen suits and administrative permitting challenges.
- Temple University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2007)
- University of Maryland School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2010)
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, Member
- California Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Success in Law School Mentoring Program, Mentor
Honors & Awards
- 2021 "Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch," a Best Lawyers® publication, for Environmental Law