Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Highlights of Aminah’s representative experience include:
- Defending individual and corporate clients against federal, state and local government enforcement actions, including responding to and negotiating work required under notices of violation, information requests, administrative subpoenas, and administrative orders.
- Assisting retail, automotive and manufacturing clients with negotiating resolutions of alleged hazardous waste and hazardous materials management violations asserted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the California Department of Toxic Substances Control and various California District Attorneys.
- Playing a significant role in a successful appeal, vacating federal district court judgment dismissing RCRA citizen suit claims seeking to address unremediated contamination migrating into the Baltimore Harbor in reported decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- Securing reversal of erroneous refund claim denial made by local utility for nearly $500,000.00 in sewer overpayments on behalf of a multinational cement manufacturing company and successfully defending the judgment in subsequent appeals.
- Successfully reversing civil penalty assessed by state underground utility authority on behalf of a corporate client in an appellate decision finding that the agency violated the company’s due process rights and issued a decision with factual findings that were not supported by substantial evidence in the record.
- Providing key assistance on a team which obtained dismissal of a duplicative environmental enforcement action filed against property owners for alleged wetlands and water pollution violations and successfully defended dismissal on appeal.
- Counseling power-focused equity firm in $600 million acquisition of three power-generating facilities, including managing and executing the transfer of more than 50 facility permits and related approvals.