Andrew maintains a diverse environmental regulatory and litigation practice, with a particular focus on air, endangered species, and international issues.
Prior to joining B&D, Andrew clerked on the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey for the Honorable Jerome B. Simandle, U.S.D.J., and the Honorable Ann Marie Donio, U.S.M.J. Earlier, he worked as a Law Clerk in the Environment & Natural Resources Division of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. and at the Center for Biological Diversity in San Francisco.
During his time at the University of Michigan Law School, Andrew acted as Editor-in-Chief of the Michigan Journal of Environmental and Administrative Law, as Chair of the Environmental Law Society, and as Academic and Development Chair of Outlaws, an LGBT law student organization.
Prior to law school, Andrew was a Transatlantic Fellow at Ecologic Institute in Berlin, Germany, where he researched national renewable energy laws, local content requirements, and their compatibility with international law. He also acted as a Policy Intern at the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
Andrew wrote his undergraduate thesis as part of the Environmental Studies program at Yale University on corporate conservation and environmental partnerships, which was published by the U.S. Forest Service as part of its Landscape Stewardship Guide.
Andrew has always had an interest in the environment, spending many of his weekends during childhood hiking, biking, and canoeing in the Cascades and along the coast of Oregon and his summers during high school teaching visitors to the Oregon Zoo about conservation. He maintains his love for the outdoors today and tries to get outside whenever possible.
Andrew is not admitted to practice in California. He is admitted to practice only in Oregon.
- Yale University (B.A., 2011)
- Environmental Studies & German
- Davenport College Council, President & Social Activities Chair
- American Civil Liberties Union, Chair
- Yale Political Union, Party Chairman
- Daniel Merriman Prize
- University of Michigan (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- Michigan Journal of Environmental and Administrative Law, Editor-in-Chief
- Environmental Law Society, Chair
- Outlaws, Academic & Development Chair
- Environmental Crimes Project, Pro Bono Volunteer
- Dow Sustainability Fellowship
- Dean's Public Service Fellowship
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit