Dan's litigation experience includes:
- Toxic Tort/Product Liability Litigation: Dan is a lead member of a team of B&D attorneys handling dozens of product liability cases related to alleged groundwater contamination involving a gasoline additive. Dan handles and coordinates key aspects of the defense of these cases.
- Permit Defense: Dan led a trial team that successfully defended a client’s operational permit from an emergency challenge that threatened millions of dollars in production. The victory allowed the client to continue production uninterrupted.
- International Toxic Tort Defense: Dan successfully defended two major trade associations against claims that they improperly promoted an agricultural chemical used on banana crops in Latin America, securing dismissal of the action early in the litigation.
- Hazardous Waste Site Remediation: On behalf of a group of potentially responsible parties (PRPs) that cooperated in the cleanup of a major hazardous waste site in western New York, Dan won a favorable summary judgment ruling under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA).
- Common Law Tort Claims: Representing ten airline defendants that had been sued for nuisance and trespass by a landowner near a major regional airport, Dan secured dismissal early in the proceedings.