Recent examples of David’s experience include:
- Represented a major metropolitan transit agency and county on project development matters.
- Following Congress’s authorization of the Secretary of Transportation's assignment of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) responsibilities, negotiated and implemented an agreement between California and the Federal Highway Administration that lead to faster project delivery and millions of dollars in savings.
- Assisted the State of Florida in applying for and implementing the NEPA Assignment program for highway projects.
- Litigated on behalf of oil and gas industry clients and advised on regulatory issues.
- Served as counsel for the nation’s largest autonomous and connected vehicle test track.
- Represented the owner of a mitigation bank and proposed mitigation lands and negotiated to provide mitigation lands to project proponents.
- Advised a tribal nation on land use issues pertaining to a large development project.
- Negotiated and devised a strategy to work successfully with fifty-six different federal, state, and tribal government and private entities—many with competing interests—resulting in a $30 million project approval, a myriad of project permits, and solid professional working relationships with the many involved parties.