Liz's practice focuses on regulatory compliance.
Her work includes counseling some of the world’s largest technology companies on environmental, health, and safety regulations. She also assists companies in navigating the evolving regulatory landscape surrounding product regulation, supply chain due diligence, and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues.
Liz also maintains a robust pro bono practice representing asylum seekers and special immigrant juveniles throughout California.
Prior to joining Beveridge & Diamond, Liz was an associate in the San Francisco office of Latham & Watkins where she gained experience in a variety of areas, including the development of a novel environmental regulatory regime, commercial arbitration and litigation, challenges to federal agency programs, and antitrust investigation defense.
During law school, Liz was a clinical student in Berkeley’s Environmental Law Clinic, an editor for Berkeley’s flagship environmental law journal, Ecology Law Quarterly, and the Berkeley Journal of International Law, and a co-organizer of the 2019 Environmental Justice Symposium “Ground-Truthing Injustice.”
Liz first began testing the waters of a legal career in Washington, DC, as a paralegal in international litigation and arbitration. Her experiences working on multi-million and multi-billion dollar disputes before various international tribunals including the Permanent Court of Arbitration, the World Bank’s International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes, and the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea sparked her interest and passion for environmental law and inspired her to become a lawyer.
- George Washington University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2013)
- Political Science, Minor in History
- Phi Beta Kappa, Dean’s List, Women’s Leadership Program in U.S. and International Politics
- University of California - Berkeley (J.D., 2020)
- Prosser Prize: Environmental Law & Policy
- Ecology Law Quarterly, Articles Editor (2018–2019), Programs Director (2019–2020)
- Berkeley Journal of International Law, Publishing Editor (2018–2019)
California Lawyers Association
- Spanish (fluent)
- Portuguese (conversational)