Type of Work
Harold’s ADR work where he serves as a neutral mediator or arbitrator encompasses cases in such areas as:
- Fraud, fiduciary duty, and United States and State False Claims Act, qui tam, and whistleblower disputes encompassing the national defense industry; private security firms; office, software and tool suppliers; Medicare and Medicaid (hospitals, nursing homes, and doctors); and U.S businesses operating outside the United States.
- Intellectual property, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, and licensing agreements.
- Professional liability and malpractice alleged against law firms, investment companies, and other professional organizations.
- Sports, entertainment and media (a primary U.S. national sports league, its players’ association and individual players; partners who owned a professional sports team; royalties owed to recording artists; sales of television and radio stations; a newspaper and a nationally-syndicated political radio show; public interest groups and contractors in disputes with national and internationally-acclaimed entertainment companies).
- Commercial transactions and business partnerships in fields such as energy (nuclear, oil); pharmaceuticals; medical supplies; housing; consulting; real estate; and valuations.
- Technology (telecommunications; medical products; provision of software and services; information management systems).
- Federal regulatory disputes pending in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia over housing regulations, Medicare rules, and airline routing and security issues.
- Employment (whistleblower; race, gender, age, disability discrimination; executive tenure, compensation, and equity rights; retaliation, defamation, and non-compete provisions).
- Franchises (auto, food, hotel).
- Banking/investment (FDIC, pension funds, and private investment accounts).
- Shareholder actions.
- Environment (Superfund, other remedial actions, nuclear plant decontamination).