Jose’s experience includes:
- Representing a Potentially Responsible Party involved in a multi-party federal Superfund Remedial Design Allocation for one of the nation’s largest “sediment dredge sites” contaminated with polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and heavy metals.
- Coordinating the preparation and submission of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans and No Exposure Certifications for a corporate client with 100 facilities as part of a nationwide Clean Water Act citizens’ suit settlement.
- Working with environmental consultants and engineers to prepare investigation and remediation plans as part of site cleanups under the New York's Brownfield cleanup and Superfund programs and in response to open petroleum spills.
- Representing clients sued for Natural Resource Damage Assessment claims under CERCLA, participating in settlement negotiations with state trustees, and working with environmental engineers in the preparation of remedial investigation, feasibility studies, and pre-assessment reporting obligations.
- Counseling Fortune 100 clients on environmental risks and potential liabilities of real estate development and telecommunication infrastructure projects across New York City and Long Island.
- Reviewing and analyzing soil and groundwater lab data results for compliance with state and federal exposure guidelines.
- Assisting architects and engineers to ensure design drawings and technical reports for proposed telecommunication facilities were prepared in compliance with federal emissions and local design regulations.
- Preparing zoning analyses and applications for variances, special permits, and building permits for clients proposing projects in municipalities across Long Island, as well as New York City.
- Representing plaintiffs in large toxic tort and property contamination cases, including groundwater, land and air contamination from oil and gas exploration, agricultural processes, and industrial activities.
Includes work done at prior firm.