Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Miriam's experience includes:
- Serving as environmental legal counsel in the context of the 2015 dam burst at a mining facility in Brazil.
- Serving as environmental legal and crisis advisor to Grupo Ultra, for its Brazilian operations, including during the 2014 fire at the bulk liquids storage facility it operated near the Port of Santos.
- Advising Rhodia Solvay Group on environmental assessment and strategies, permitting, audits, as well as on environmental aspects of M&A and project finance in Brazil.
- Serving as environmental in-house counsel for the negotiations that led to the formation of the Raízen Energia S.A., a JV between Royal Dutch Shell and Brazilian biofuel major Cosan S.A.
- Counseling on risk assessment and contractual allocation of environmental liability in the acquisition of the Aviation fuels business originally pertaining to the ExxonMobil Group in Brazil.
- Advising Shell during a sensitive corporate crisis, including (i) environmental contamination at the divested chemicals business’ manufacturing plants in São Paulo and a TAM airliner crash in São Paulo over a Shell-branded service station.
- Advising a multinational chemical manufacturer on environmental issues regarding its activities in Brazil.
- Advising on the contract negotiation and environmental permitting needed to secure Brazil’s bid to host the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Advising on the environmental permitting and contract drafting on the installation of an undersea communications cable connecting Florida and Brazil.
- Counseling Advent International in the acquisition of 50% capital stock of TCP -Terminal de Conteineres de Paranagua SA, Brazil's second-busiest container port.
- Counseling Advent International before and after the acquisition of Cataratas do Iguaçu, the largest concessionaire operating in Brazil’s national parks.
- Advising Vision Brazil Investments on the development of new agricultural ventures in the Amazon region.
- Advising Renova Eólica on Brazil's largest project finance transaction in the renewable energy sector.
- Counseling Agence Française de Dévelopement on environmental matters related to a $206 million loan to BNDES to finance renewable energy and energy efficiency projects related to greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
- Counseling Brazilian International Banks Association (ABBI "Associação Brasileira de Bancos Internacionais") on public consultation for legislation imposing environmental compliance to financial institutions.