Miriam's experience includes:
- Serving as environmental legal counsel in the context of a 2015 dam collapse at a mining facility in Brazil.
- Serving as environmental legal and crisis advisor to a client for its Brazilian operations, including during a fire at one of its bulk liquids storage facilities.
- Advising on environmental assessment and strategies, permitting, audits, as well as on environmental aspects of M&A and project finance in Brazil.
- Serving as environmental in-house counsel for the negotiations that led to the formation of a JV between Royal Dutch Shell and Brazilian biofuel major Cosan S.A.
- Counseling on risk assessment and contractual allocation of environmental liability in the acquisition of a fuels business.
- Advising a client during a sensitive corporate crisis, including a plane crash and environmental contamination at the divested chemicals business’ manufacturing plants.
- Advising a multinational chemical manufacturer on environmental issues regarding its activities in Brazil.
- Advising on the contract negotiation and environmental permitting needed to secure Brazil’s bid to host the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Advising on the environmental permitting and contract drafting on the installation of an undersea communications cable connecting Florida and Brazil.
- Counseling a client in the acquisition of 50% capital stock of Brazil's second-busiest container port.
- Counseling a client before and after the acquisition of the largest concessionaire operating in Brazil’s national parks.
- Advising a financial client on the development of new agricultural ventures in the Amazon region.
- Advising a client on Brazil's largest project finance transaction in the renewable energy sector.
- Counseling a public financial institution on environmental matters related to a $206 million loan to finance renewable energy and energy efficiency projects related to greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
- Counseling a client on public consultation for legislation imposing environmental compliance to financial institutions.
Includes work done at prior firm.