Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Rusty’s corporate experience includes:
- Helping the seller of a railcar leasing business negotiate language limiting the buyer’s potential for environmental indemnity claims against the seller and obtained $60 million stack of environmental insurance coverage to cover the seller’s long-term indemnity exposure.
- Assisting a Fortune 100 tech company with negotiations related to its sale of a former manufacturing facility.
- Managing a portfolio of 40 legacy remediation sites for a large multinational conglomerate.
- Working with a large national insurance company to develop policies and procedures for commercial real estate lease and acquisition due diligence protocols, and asbestos compliance programs.
- Advising corporate clients concerning SEC disclosure obligations related to environmental loss contingencies.
- Leading a team of seven legal and technical environmental professionals in four countries overseeing due diligence and environmental risk for a $90 billion global commercial real estate business.
- Managing a broad range of projects including site remediation, Brownfields, litigation, and environmental insurance matters.
- Analyzing and advising a company's risk and business leaders on environmental risks attendant to complex commercial real estate equity and debt transactions, as well as related to mergers and acquisitions, and drafting and negotiating related purchase and sale agreements, leases, loan agreements, guarantees, and indemnities.
- Providing legal, technical, financial, and regulatory advice to key stakeholders to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulation.
- Reviewing and placing environmental insurance policies for buyers, sellers, and lenders to mitigate environmental risks.
- Developing and implementing corporate environmental risk management policies and procedures.