Examples of Russell’s work include:
- Advised a Fortune 50 electronics company on regulatory issues raised by its operations throughout Latin America, and managed relationships with local counsel to ensure that in-country representation conformed to the client’s requirements.
- Tracked and reported on worldwide regulatory developments affecting electronics and pharmaceuticals for trade associations and individual companies.
- Researched and analyzed waste laws of all major Latin American countries to support a client’s product stewardship and recycling programs.
- Performed due diligence on the environmental aspects of proposed corporate acquisitions, with properties spread around the world.
- Assisted companies with the integration of new acquisitions through the transfer of title to environmental permits and product registrations.
- Researched and analyzed biosafety laws worldwide for potential regulatory impacts on seeds and livestock produced using novel technologies.
- Advised electronics industry groups on collective advocacy to amend Latin American product take-back and energy efficiency regulations to make compliance practical.
- Assisted a major metropolitan water treatment plant to secure air emissions permits for new and modified sources and equipment.
- Researched and analyzed Latin American chemical regulatory laws for a client’s global compliance project.
- Represented a food company in the purchase of a property with historical waste dumping, which resulted in voluntary remediation without the company incurring liability.