Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Examples of Russell’s work include:
- Advising a Fortune 50 electronics company on regulatory issues raised by its operations throughout Latin America and managing relationships with local counsel to ensure that in-country representation conformed to the client’s requirements;
- Tracking and reporting on worldwide regulatory developments affecting electronics and pharmaceuticals for trade associations and individual companies;
- Researching and analyzing waste laws of all major Latin American countries to support a client’s product stewardship and recycling programs;
- Performing due diligence on the environmental aspects of proposed corporate acquisitions, with properties spread around the world;
- Assisting companies with the integration of new acquisitions through the transfer of title to environmental permits and product registrations;
- Researching and analyzing biosafety laws worldwide for potential regulatory impacts on seeds and livestock produced using novel technologies;
- Advising electronics industry groups on collective advocacy to amend Latin American product take-back and energy efficiency regulations to make compliance practical;
- Assisting a major metropolitan water treatment plant to secure air emissions permits for new and modified sources and equipment;
- Researching and analyzing Latin American chemical regulatory laws for a client’s global compliance project; and
- Representing a food company in the purchase of a property with historical waste dumping, which resulted in voluntary remediation without the company incurring liability.