Recent examples of Sarah’s litigation experience include:
- Defending a client that was sued by a citizen group alleging groundwater contamination in which the case was dismissed entirely following arguments on summary judgment that the plaintiff’s claim was an anticipatory claim not supported by law.
- Successfully representing a client going through the bankruptcy process that was sued for trichloroethylene (TCE) contamination emanating from a site they formerly owned, one of the dozens of former owners and never produced or handled TCE at the site, in which the claim was dismissed.
- Representing a coke plant in a lawsuit alleging Clean Air Act and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act violations and state common law tort claims and defending an administrative action challenging the plant permit.
- Defending a major metropolitan water reclamation district in a government enforcement action resulting in the entry of a Clean Water Act consent decree over the objections of environmental groups.
- Obtaining defense victories for an energy company at both trial and appellate levels in a case alleging state common law tort claims relating to sub-surface migration of contaminants through groundwater.