Tracy advises clients on compliance with federal and state environmental laws, with an emphasis on site remediation.
She has over ten years of experience with Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), and Clean Water Act (CWA) matters – identifying cost-effective compliance solutions, assisting clients with due diligence processes, determining liability and addressing insurance issues, and negotiating settlements.
Tracy represents manufacturers, non-profit entities, and individual clients in both federal and state courts throughout Washington State. She negotiates with state and federal regulatory agencies regarding cleanup of contaminated sediments, soil, and groundwater sites and advises clients on remediation at complex multi-party sites involving polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, total petroleum hydrocarbons, polychlorinated biphenyls and volatile organic compounds.
Tracy’s experience includes assisting clients with preparing stormwater pollution prevention plans and submitting discharge monitoring reports to the Washington Department of Ecology as well as resolving CWA citizen suits.
Tracy worked as a senior associate at a Seattle-based civil litigation and appellate firm, as a senior staff counsel at a Mercer Island litigation firm, and as an associate at a Seattle-based environmental firm before joining Beveridge & Diamond. Prior to entering private practice, Tracy served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable J. Robin Hunt and the Honorable C.C. Bridgewater at Division Two of the Washington State Court of Appeals.
Tracy is a member of the American Bar Association, Washington State Bar Association, and the King County Bar Association. She is former Chair of the King County Bar Association Environmental and Land Use Section.
- Represented owners of properties contaminated by dry cleaning operations in Washington MTCA actions.
- Represented owner of industrial property contaminated by neighboring dry cleaner in Washington MTCA action.
- Represented owners of properties contaminated by former service station operations in Washington MTCA actions.
- Negotiated resolution of CWA citizen suit on behalf of former shipyard.
- Negotiated resolution of CWA citizen suit on behalf of wood treatment facility.
1Includes work done at prior firms.
- University of Puget Sound (B.A., 1998)
- University of Colorado - Boulder (J.D., 2002)
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Washington
- American Bar Association
- Vice Chair of Membership for the Environmental Transactions and Brownfields Committee, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources (2017-present)
- Washington State Bar Association
- Environmental and Land Use Law Section (2006-present)
- Court Rules and Procedures Committee (2015-2017)
- King County Bar Association
- Chair, Environmental and Land Use Section (2012-2013)
- Vice Chair, Environmental and Land Use Section (2011-2012)
- CLE Chair, Environmental and Land Use Section (2009-2011)
- National Association of Women Lawyers, Environment and Energy Law (2017-present)
- Washington Women Lawyers (2017-present)
- Women in Environment (2011-present)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (2013-2016)
- Sustainable Seattle Board (2012-2016)