Rachel Roberts and Tracy Williams Speaking on CERCLA Remedies and Environmental Justice at EECMA’s Annual Meeting
Beveridge & Diamond is proud to sponsor the 35th annual Environmental & Emerging Claim Manager Association (EECMA) Conference, taking place virtually April 29-30.
The panel will consider CERCLA remedies at sediment sites around the country, and how environmental justice concerns raised by community groups and NGOs play a role in remedy selection. The panel will explore:
- How much weight did EPA give to these groups’ concerns when selecting a remedy?
- What motivates these groups?
- Can PRP groups improve their messaging and outreach to these groups so that they become allies in selecting a cost-effective remedy?
This panel will also examine the post-construction experience at sediment sites and aim to answer:
- Has the remediation been effective?
- Is re-contamination occurring and are PRPs exposed to further corrective work at the sites?
- What can PRPs do to limit their exposure when expensive sediment remedies fail or perform poorly?
For more information, and to register, click here.
EECMA is an informal group of property and casualty insurers and reinsurers focused on continued education about the many issues surrounding emerging risks, environmental, asbestos, and other long-term exposure litigation that continues to challenge insurers and our policyholders.