Representative Matters - Business Crimes
- Defended a hedge fund manager in a federal fraud and tax investigation.
- Defended a dentist accused of criminal tax evasion.
- Defended an executive accused of securities fraud involving a $2.9 billion loss, and a related obstruction of justice, in two separate, multi-week trials.
- Defended a tax lawyer accused of tax crimes arising from his counseling of off-shore trusts. After a lengthy trial, the jury acquitted the client of all charges.
- Defended various executives in criminal antitrust investigations in the carbon graphite industry, the rubber belt manufacturing industry, and the shipping industry.
- Represented one of the Duke University lacrosse players in a state criminal investigation and successfully avoided criminal charges to be brought. Helped manage and respond to the high-profile media campaign.