Circular Economy and Plastics Symposium: Emerging Mandates and Business Implications
Please join Beveridge & Diamond for our Circular Economy and Plastics Symposium, designed to help attendees navigate the latest U.S., regional, and global initiatives affecting the plastics landscape in 2020 and beyond.
Legal requirements and policy initiatives aimed at the design, recycling, and reuse of plastics are expanding at the global level and in key markets world-wide. These include circular economy mandates in the European Union, new proposed legislation in the United States, and new or expanded international environmental agreements covering plastics. Many companies are also embracing ambitious circular economy goals for plastics.
Offering insight from key players across multiple sectors, this symposium will provide an update and explore pathways to the scaling of circular business models. The symposium will consider implications for product stewardship, highlight new technologies and innovations, and examine new challenges to product manufacturers and companies handling secondary materials.
Key topics include:
- Policy and Regulatory Catalysts for Plastics and the Circular Economy
- Expanding Design Mandates: Material Restrictions, Recyclability, Durability
- U.S. Federal and State Plastics Initiatives
- Practical Solutions for Managing the Plastics Economy: New and Emerging Recycling Technologies
- Transboundary Restrictions on Recycled Plastic Materials: Basel Convention and OECD Developments
- Sector Perspectives and Best Practices for Navigating the New Plastics Economy
- Americas Roundup on Plastics Regulatory Developments: Bans and EPR Laws
For more information, and to request an invitation, please contact Alexa Curto.