Environmental Education Materials
Beveridge & Diamond has taught a 7-8 week environmental course to sixth graders at Savoy Elementary School in Washington, D.C. for several years. B&D initially created the course as part of its commitment to the Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs’ partnership with underserved inner-city schools.
B&D has now tailored these materials for the American Bar Association (“ABA”). Working with the ABA’s Air Quality Committee, the packet of materials has been organized so that any law firm, governmental entity or nonprofit organization can teach the course (or parts of it) to elementary school students.
The following materials are available in .pdf format. Click on any bullet point item to view the document. For ease of reproduction, at the bottom of the page is a link to all the course materials as one document.
- Overview of Class 4 and List of Resources
- Outline for Class 4
- SO2 Allowance Trading Chart
- Chart - Basic Rules of the Allowance Game
- Detailed Rules of the Allowance Game
- Playing Board for the Allowance Game
- Board Pieces for the Allowance Game
- Money and Credits for the Allowance Game
- Homework for Class 4