Consumer products are subject to a large body of federal, state, and international regulations—from development, testing, and compliance to transportation, labeling, marketing, and end-of-life disposal.
Beveridge & Diamond works with U.S. and multinational companies that make, distribute, transport, or sell consumer products—including those classified as or containing hazardous materials—in a hyper-competitive and evolving consumer goods market. We help them identify, understand, and comply with complex regulatory requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
B&D provides consumer product legal services in a cost-effective manner to manufacturers, importers, distributors, retailers, and other companies along the product distribution chain. Representative products include pesticides, insecticides, and other chemicals and chemical-based products; plastics; electronics and lithium batteries; household products; food and beverage, beauty, personal hygiene, pharmaceutical, and other FDA-regulated products; automotive components; toys; printers and printing supplies; and wood products, just to name a few.
We help clients comply with these various regulations throughout all phases of the product life cycle in matters that include:
- Product design and strategic planning.
- Product development.
- Pre-market review and product registration.
- Product labeling, advertising, and marketing claims.
- Product manufacturing, including third-party certification requirements.
- Ongoing regulation of existing products.
- Product content restrictions.
- Product hazards reporting and communication requirements.
- Product recalls, returns, and reverse distribution.
- Product storage, transportation, and distribution.
- Non-governmental considerations, such as product stewardship and recycling.
- Regulatory advocacy, citizen suits, toxic torts, and other litigation.