As one of the nation’s leading environmental law firms, it is natural that Beveridge & Diamond would take a leadership role in sustainability for law office management. In its offices across the country, B&D translates its values into action, improving the firm’s sustainability and reducing its environmental impacts. Key examples of our sustainability efforts and accomplishments include:
- Participating in the Lawyers for a Sustainable Economy initiative. Since 2019 we have provided more than $1.3 million in pro bono legal services in support of environmental sustainability.
- Serving on the Leadership Council of the Law Firm Sustainability Network (LFSN), a non-profit founded in 2011 to develop key performance indicators, foster knowledge-sharing, develop best practice guidelines, and recognize innovation regarding environmental sustainability in law firms. B&D Principal and Sustainability Committee Chair Brook Detterman serves as President.
- Participating at the “Leadership” level in U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)’s Green Power Partnership, purchasing Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) in an amount equivalent to 100% of its electricity usage across all of its offices nationwide.
- Purchasing Energy Star-compliant computer equipment and appliances that meet efficiency standards set by EPA and the U.S. Department of Energy and donating for reuse or recycling all of the firm’s old computer equipment.
- In all offices, using paper containing 30-100% post-consumer recycled content for all standard printing and copying.
- Adopting a formal, comprehensive sustainability policy, which guides internal operations and engagements with key vendors.
- Providing pro bono legal support to sustainability and conservation-focused organizations across the country.