Beveridge & Diamond offers comprehensive, business-focused advice to the global chemicals industry.
Chemical manufacturers and distributors, as well as formulators, fabricators, and chemical end-users, face a barrage of new and evolving regulatory compliance obligations. As companies work to get their products to market safely around the world, our team of chemical lawyers serve the chemical industry at local, state, federal, and international levels.
In virtually every business aspect of chemical enterprise—on both the facility and product side— from siting, construction, and facility permitting, to enforcement, product defense, compliance, and advocacy, we respond to an ever-expanding array of regulatory measures and well-orchestrated interest group campaigns related to the perceived risks of certain chemicals. We help individual companies and the industry as a whole defend products in administrative proceedings, arbitrations, federal and state courts, and international environmental fora around the world, and when necessary, advocate on their behalf in regulatory rulemaking.
We serve as counsel to the American Chemistry Council (ACC) on Toxic Substances Control Act issues and advise ACC and other industry associations on a wide range of chemical-related issues.
Our lawyers work with large and small companies operating in areas including basic and specialty chemicals, oil and petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, electronics, crop protection, food contact materials and additives, and consumer products. We combine knowledge of chemical plant operations, maintenance, and repair with our decades of experience in statutory schemes, regulatory history, and administrative law to help clients in the industry achieve timely and cost-effective compliance and help them secure and grow their businesses.
We assist clients with issues including:
- Chemical Weapons Convention
- Consumer Products
- Controlled Substances/Precursors
- End-of-Life Product Management
- Global Product Stewardship
- International Environmental Law
- Ongoing Regulation of Existing Products
- Pre-Market Review and Product Registration
- Product Advertising and Marketing Claims
- Product Defense and Insurance
- Product Design and Strategic Planning
- Product Development
- Product Labels and Warnings
- Product Manufacturing
- Product Storage, Transportation, and Distribution
- Products Regulation and Litigation
- Proposition 65
- REACH Compliance
- Recalls, Returns and Reverse Distribution
- Toxic Tort and Product Liability
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.