Advising retailers on the full range of environmental, product, and project development issues.
From its offices across the country, Beveridge & Diamond assists the retail sector with cross-cutting environmental, land use, and natural resource issues affecting development and operation of stores and distribution/return centers, as well as product design, packaging/labeling, distribution, and end-of-life management.
With decades of retail sector-specific subject matter expertise across air, water, and waste issues, Beveridge & Diamond offers retailers insight and guidance in managing their environmental responsibilities and represents them in responding to enforcement actions or in defending their products, policies, and procedures before agencies, administrative bodies, and courts.
We regularly assist companies in developing compliance programs that help minimize enforcement risks, and in handling the day-to-day issues that arise. In all of these efforts, our experience with product regulatory issues for consumer product manufacturers, logistics companies, recyclers, waste services companies, and traditional heavy industries bolsters our support for retailers.
As the exclusive law firm sponsor of—and counsel to—the Environmental Compliance Committee of the Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA), we are deeply committed to finding creative solutions for the all obstacles facing the industry today, as well as for those on the horizon.
We assist the retail sector—including chains, online retailers, brick and mortar retailers, distribution centers, and shopping center developers—with issues including:
- Hazardous waste enforcement and compliance
- Air regulations concerning backup generators and refrigerants
- Stormwater permitting and compliance
- Hazardous substances inventories and reporting
- Hazardous materials transportation
- Product returns/reverse logistics/recalls
- Product take-back and end-of-life management
- Supply chain management (including supplier agreements)
- Product material restrictions (including California Proposition 65), packaging, and labeling
- Specially regulated products:
- Pharmaceuticals/controlled substances
- Toys and children’s products
- Chemical products (e.g., cleaning, personal care, coatings, and specialty products)
- Occupational health and safety
- Land use, zoning, due diligence, and permitting for store and distribution/ return center development