We track emerging trends and have deep understanding of the EHS requirements that apply to our clients' facilities, operations, worker safety, and products on the West Coast.
The Western United States drives environmental, health, and safety (EHS) law and policy, with state legislatures and regulatory agencies often setting rigorous new standards that are then adopted by other states across the nation. We invite you to explore these resources and contact any of our lawyers with questions or for more information.
- News Alert: Golden Door Slammed Shut on County’s CEQA Process Again (7/1/2020)
- News Alert: Federal Court Vacates Nationwide Permit 48 for Local Commercial Shellfish Growers (6/19/2020)
- News Alert: California Employers Face Broader Recording and Reporting Obligations for COVID-19 Illnesses (6/19/2020)
- News Alert: Oregon Appeals Court Confirms Water Rights for Hydroelectric Power (6/15/2020)
- News Alert: California PUC Adopts New Standard-Offer Contract for Small PURPA Projects (5/13/2020)
- Article: Criminal Charges Against Hemp Business Prompt Lawsuit and National Confusion (5/11/2020)
- Oregon Update: Oregon Department of Energy Seeks to Revise Rules for Renewable Energy Facilities (5/8/2020)
- News Alert: Ninth Circuit Orders EPA to Rule on NRDC Petition to Cancel Pet Use Registration for Organophosphate Pesticide (4/29/2020)
- News Alert: EPA Finalizes Removal of Water Quality Standards Despite Pending Washington Lawsuit (4/24/2020)
- News Alert: Forests Recognized as Contributors to Washington State's Response to Climate Change (4/3/2020)