We track emerging trends and have deep understanding of the EHS requirements that apply to our clients' facilities, operations, worker safety, and products on the West Coast.
The Western United States drives environmental, health, and safety (EHS) law and policy, with state legislatures and regulatory agencies often setting rigorous new standards that are then adopted by other states across the nation. We invite you to explore these resources and contact any of our lawyers with questions or for more information.
- News Alert: Forests Recognized as Contributors to Washington State's Response to Climate Change (4/3/2020)
- News Alert: Washington Gov. Inslee Issues Clarifications Regarding “Essential” Businesses Exempt from His “Stay-At-Home” Order (4/1/2020)
- News Alert: Public Duty Doctrine Applies when the Washington DNR Acts as a Fire Prevention and Suppression Agency (3/27/2020)
- News Alert: Washington Adopts “PACER” Legislation That Will Create a Proven Source of Financing for Energy and Resiliency Retrofits in Commercial Buildings (3/25/2020)
- News Alert: Washington Gov. Inslee Issues “Stay-At-Home” Order to Combat Coronavirus (3/24/2020)
- News Alert: California Regulatory Agencies Emphasize Continued Compliance During COVID-19 Response (3/24/2020)
- News Alert: New Klamath TMDLs: An Impossible Standard? (3/23/2020)
- News Alert: Oregon Governor Kate Brown Issues Executive Order Calling for Substantial Reductions in Greenhouse Gas Emissions (3/23/2020)
- News Alert: Oregon DEQ Issues Guidance on Enforcement Discretion Requests During COVID-19 Pandemic (3/23/2020)
- News Alert: California’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plans: New Rules on Employee Access (1/30/2020)
- News Alert: Washington’s Clean Air Rule: State Supreme Court Invalidates Key Components of Climate Change Regulation (1/22/2020)