We track emerging trends and have deep understanding of the EHS requirements that apply to our clients' facilities, operations, worker safety, and products on the West Coast.
The Western United States drives environmental, health, and safety (EHS) law and policy, with state legislatures and regulatory agencies often setting rigorous new standards that are then adopted by other states across the nation. We invite you to explore these resources and contact any of our lawyers with questions or for more information.
- News Alert: Charging Ahead: California to Require All New Cars Sold to Be Zero Emissions in 2035 (9/8/2022)
- News Alert: California Passes Two New Bills to Overhaul State’s Battery Extended Producer Responsibility Program and Broadly Expand State’s E-Waste Program (9/8/2022)
- News Alert: Washington Advances the Western Front of Product Regulation (8/10/2022)
- News Alert: Washington State’s Economy-Wide Climate Plan Takes Shape: Ecology Seeks Comment on Proposed Climate Commitment Act Program Rule (6/8/2022)
- News Alert: Cal/OSHA Extends COVID-19 Regulations Through December 2022 (5/24/2022)
- News Alert: BOEM Expands Offshore Wind Efforts to Oregon (4/28/2022)
- News Alert: Supreme Court Wades Into Troubled Waters, Brings Trump Administration State Water Quality Certification Rule Back to Life (4/12/2022)
- News Alert: SEC Poised to Take Action on Climate Disclosure Requirements (3/16/2022)
- News Alert: Oregon Court Faults DEQ for Procedural Violations in Solid Waste Permitting Decisions (2/1/2022)
- News Alert: California’s COVID-19 Regulations Extended Through April (1/14/2022)
- News Alert: PFAS Determined To Be Hazardous Substances Under Washington’s Cleanup Law (11/1/2021)
- News Alert: Cal/OSHA’s Enforcement Authority Expanded (10/18/2021)
- News Alert: Practical Tips for Managing the Risks of PCBs in Building Materials (8/17/2021)