We track emerging trends and have deep understanding of the EHS requirements that apply to our clients' facilities, operations, worker safety, and products on the West Coast.
The Western United States drives environmental, health, and safety (EHS) law and policy, with state legislatures and regulatory agencies often setting rigorous new standards that are then adopted by other states across the nation. We invite you to explore these resources and contact any of our lawyers with questions or for more information.
- News Alert: Climate Change Litigation: Oregon Rejects Expansion of Public Trust Doctrine (10/27/2020)
- News Alert: Washington Continues Wide-Ranging Efforts to Address PFAS With Release of the Draft Chemical Action Plan (10/20/2020)
- News Alert: Oregon Releases Updated Ecological Risk Assessment Guidance (10/13/2020)
- News Alert: Washington State Provides Hazardous Waste Updates for Business (10/5/2020)
- News Alert: California is Going All-In with Zero Emission Vehicles—No Gas Engine Sales Starting in 2035 (9/29/2020)
- News Alert: Wildfire Burn Carbon Offsets (9/22/2020)
- News Alert: Cal/OSHA Issues First COVID-19 Related Citations (9/18/2020)
- News Alert: Wildfires Spark Forest Management Actions at State and Federal Levels, Opening Markets for Forest Management Byproducts (9/1/2020)
- News Alert: Petition Filed to List Western Ridged Mussel as an Endangered Species (8/26/2020)
- News Alert: Will California Adopt First-of-its-Kind Legislation Governing GHG Emissions from Land-Based Activities? (8/25/2020)
- News Alert: Federal Court Dismisses Federal Challenge to California’s Cap-and-Trade Linkage to Quebec Program (8/11/2020)
- News Alert: Pacific Northwest Utilities Seek Thousands of Megawatts of New Renewable and Non-Emitting Energy: A Huge Opportunity for Independent Power Producers (7/24/2020)
- Case Highlight: B&D Obtains Major Victory for California Landfill, Voiding Fees and Conditions Exceeding $200 Million (7/16/2020)