We track emerging trends and have deep understanding of the EHS requirements that apply to our clients' facilities, operations, worker safety, and products on the West Coast.
The Western United States drives environmental, health, and safety (EHS) law and policy, with state legislatures and regulatory agencies often setting rigorous new standards that are then adopted by other states across the nation. We invite you to explore these resources and contact any of our lawyers with questions or for more information.
- News Alert: Supreme Court Finds Fifth Amendment Taking in State Regulation Granting Access to Private Property (6/24/2021)
- News Alert: After Several Rounds of Revisions, Updated Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards Take Effect (6/24/2021)
- News Alert: New Fishing Limits Proposed for Pacific Commercial Chinook Salmon (6/22/2021)
- News Alert: Oregon Increases Access to Historical Insurance Assets for Cleanup Liabilities (6/16/2021)
- News Alert: Washington Department of Ecology Releases Draft Green Remediation Guidance (6/3/2021)
- News Alert: Washington Department of Ecology Proposes Model Remedy to Address Legacy Contamination from Orchards (5/20/2021)
- News Alert: Washington State Plastics Bill Imposes Minimum Content Requirements on Many Household and Food Service Products (5/19/2021)
- News Alert: South Coast AQMD Adopts Warehouse Indirect Source Rule, First Reporting Months Away (5/18/2021)
- News Alert: Washington Adopts Economy-Wide Climate Legislation: “Cap-and-Invest” Approach Sets a Price For Carbon Emissions And Allows Washington To Join Existing Emissions Credit Markets (5/18/2021)
- News Alert: Washington Joins Chorus of States with Major Environmental Justice Laws (5/18/2021)
- News Alert: Oregon Adopts a Significantly Modified (And Legally Vulnerable) Industrial Stormwater General Permit (5/4/2021)
- News Alert: Washington State Legislation Would Authorize Two New Large-Scale Water Rights Adjudications (2/1/2021)
- News Alert: Oregon Seeks to Modernize its Recycling Program (1/28/2021)