We track emerging trends and have deep understanding of the EHS requirements that apply to our clients' facilities, operations, worker safety, and products on the West Coast.
The Western United States drives environmental, health, and safety (EHS) law and policy, with state legislatures and regulatory agencies often setting rigorous new standards that are then adopted by other states across the nation. We invite you to explore these resources and contact any of our lawyers with questions or for more information.
- News Alert: Ninth Circuit Affirms Partial Vacatur of NWP 48 for Commercial Shellfish Aquaculture (2/22/2021)
- Podcast: B&D Principal Russ LaMotte Interviews Senior CalRecycle Official on Plastic Waste Initiatives (2/17/2021)
- News Alert: CARB Announces Plan to Expand Zero-Emission Requirement for Transport Refrigeration Units (2/10/2021)
- News Alert: D.C. Circuit Stays Litigation over EPA Rescission of California Waiver to Regulate Vehicle Emissions (2/10/2021)
- News Alert: California Leads Nation With Introduction of Ambitious Climate Disclosure Bill in State Legislature (2/4/2021)
- News Alert: Seattle Bans Natural Gas in New Buildings (2/4/2021)
- News Alert: Washington State Legislation Would Authorize Two New Large-Scale Water Rights Adjudications (2/1/2021)
- News Alert: Oregon Seeks to Modernize its Recycling Program (1/28/2021)
- News Alert: Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission Issues Policy Statement on Renewable Natural Gas (12/22/2020)
- News Alert: Scientific Study Links Tire Preservative Chemical 6PPD to Fish Deaths (12/4/2020)
- News Alert: Climate Change Litigation: Oregon Rejects Expansion of Public Trust Doctrine (10/27/2020)
(Re-published in the November edition of the Oregon State Bar Association Environmental & Natural Resources Section's E-Outlook)