We track emerging trends and have deep understanding of the EHS requirements that apply to our clients' facilities, operations, worker safety, and products on the West Coast.
The Western United States drives environmental, health, and safety (EHS) law and policy, with state legislatures and regulatory agencies often setting rigorous new standards that are then adopted by other states across the nation. We invite you to explore these resources and contact any of our lawyers with questions or for more information.
- News Alert: California Law Eliminates Email Reporting for Serious Workplace Accidents (9/13/2019)
- News Alert: “Broken Link in the Chain of Liability”: MTCA Decision Highlights Intricacies of Corporate Law (9/5/2019)
- News Alert: SEC Proposes Changes to Reporting Regulations Impacting Environmental Disclosures (9/5/2019)
- News Alert: New DOJ Policy Diminishes Use of SEPs in Federal Settlements with State and Local Governments (8/28/2019)
- News Alert: Seventh Circuit Rejects CERCLA Claims Filed Nineteen Years After Settlement (8/28/2019)
- News Alert: California Supreme Court Clarifies When Zoning Ordinance Amendments Trigger CEQA Review (8/28/2019)
- News Alert: EPA Seeks Public Comment on First-Ever Hemp Pesticide Applications (8/22/2019)
- News Alert: EPA Proposed Regulations Aim to Further Clarify CWA Section 401 Certification Reviews (8/16/2019)
- News Alert: EPA Issues Updated Guidance on “Common Elements” of Superfund Innocent Landowner Defenses (8/15/2019)
- Firm News: Former EPA Regional Counsel Allyn Stern Joins Seattle Office (8/12/2019)
- News Alert: Cal/OSHA Wildfire Smoke Emergency Regulation Now in Effect (8/8/2019)
- News Alert: Major Automakers Negotiate Emissions Agreement-in-Principle with California (8/7/2019)
- News Alert: Federal Packaging Extended Producer Responsibility Legislation Under Development (8/6/2019)
- Firm News: Governor Newsom Reappoints David McCray as Justice on CA Courts-Martial Appellate Panel (8/5/2019)