We work on environmental and product-related matters for large and small pharmaceutical and health care companies in the U.S. and worldwide.
In the U.S., our work includes advising clients on chemical regulation, pollution control, and compliance under a host of federal and state laws. We also represent health care providers in incident response and litigation involving allegations of waterborne pathogen outbreaks. In key markets worldwide, we advise clients on matters arising under various international environmental agreements and environmental, health, and safety (EHS) requirements.
We offer services including:
- EHS strategy and compliance.
- Greenhouse gas regulations, Clean Air Act, Montreal Protocol, MACT.
- Chemical and hazardous waste.
- Product take-back and recycling operations, RCRA.
- Chemical release and use regulations, TSCA, REACH.
- Convention on Biological Diversity, Antarctic Treaty System, Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety.
- Insurance recovery.
- Product due diligence, conflict minerals.
- Environmental management systems.
- Chemical notification and inventory regimes.
- Drug manufacturing standards.
- Clinical testing requirements and standards for pre-clinical testing.
- Emerging technologies, nanotechnology and biotechnology.
- EPCRA, CERCLA.