We represent owners, builders, and developers nationwide in matters involving land use, environmental law, and litigation.
The scarcity and high cost of land, the forward march of land use regulations, and, at times, strong local opposition to development have created a tight environment for real estate projects. Developers seeking to obtain land use approvals at a reasonable cost and in a reasonable period of time face greater barriers to entry.
Beveridge & Diamond provides land use, entitlement, and environmental permitting and review services to businesses, utilities, governmental entities, colleges and universities, individual landowners, and others in property development. We handle issues that arise at the local, state, and federal levels, and advocate on their behalf in efforts to keep projects moving forward on time and on budget. When necessary, we litigate. We couple our land use services with robust contaminated site and brownfield redevelopment experience, as well as environmental due diligence and transactional services.
B&D represents owners, developers, institutional investors and financiers, municipalities, contractors, architects, environmental engineers, and tenants in the development of properties that include:
- Single-family homes.
- Single-family subdivisions.
- Multi-family housing.
- Master-planned communities.
- Shopping centers and retail.
- Mixed-use properties.
- Hotels and hospitality.
- Office buildings.
- Sports complexes.
- Transportation and energy infrastructure.
- Industrial, utility, and manufacturing facilities.
The cross-cutting services we provide to clients in the real estate sector include:
- Land use and environmental due diligence in transactions.
- Brownfields redevelopment.
- Federal and state stormwater permitting.
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), historic, and cultural resources.
- Environmental justice.
- Insurance coverage.
- Hazardous waste management.
- Underground storage tanks and vapor intrusion.
- Energy efficiency and green building.
- Wetlands and Endangered Species Act.
- Federal, state, and local land use entitlements.
- Environmental, toxic tort, and commercial litigation.
We are familiar with state laws requiring environmental investigation and remediation upon transfer of ownership and have extensive experience in drafting and negotiating environmentally-related indemnification and liability provisions in purchase and sale agreements, secured loan documents, insurance policies, and leases.
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.