Bina has a nationwide practice litigating high-stakes cases involving federal and state environmental statutes, class actions, toxic tort, product liability, and constitutional claims.
She has deep expertise in the subject of environmental citizen suits and has led the successful defense of several novel claims. Bina has been named a Litigator of the Week by American Lawyer and nominated by her peers for recognition for her work on behalf of clients, which include FORTUNE® 50 companies and major municipalities.
Bina has devoted a substantial portion of her practice to litigation under federal environmental citizen suit provisions. Her experience extends to all major environmental statutes — the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and the Safe Drinking Water Act. This experience includes the defense of claims involving complex and evolving issues such as climate change impacts, natural disasters and lead in drinking water.
Bina also has extensive experience litigating actions under CERCLA at complex multi-party sites, as well as defending toxic tort, nuisance, and product liability actions, including securing denial of class action certification. She has particular expertise in drinking water issues and has defended multiple large cities against tort and statutory claims concerning lead.
Bina co-leads the firm’s Toxic Torts & Mass Torts group and serves on the firm’s Management Committee. She speaks and publishes on environmental litigation, and in particular on the subject of novel uses of federal citizen suits.
- Bowdoin College (A.B., 2002)
- Government and Legal Studies
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Notes Editor, Texas Environmental Law Journal, 2006-2008
- District of Columbia
- Defense Research Institute
- Lawyers for Civil Justice
- South Asian Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America©, a Best Lawyers® publication, recognition in Environmental Law and Environmental Litigation (2022)
- The Legal 500, recognition in Environmental Litigation (2021)
- American Lawyer, Litigator of the Week (January 29, 2021)
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, Texas Rising Star (2018-2019)
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, Washington, DC, Rising Star (2014-2016)