Bina has a nationwide practice representing clients – including FORTUNE® 50 companies and several major municipalities – in litigation involving federal and state environmental statutes, class actions, toxic tort and product liability, and constitutional claims.
Bina has devoted a substantial portion of her practice to litigation under federal environmental citizen suit provisions and has successfully defended citizen suits under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and the Safe Drinking Water Act. This experience includes the defense of several novel claims of first impression under RCRA’s imminent and substantial endangerment provision.
Bina has extensive experience defending complex toxic tort, nuisance, and product liability actions, including securing denial of class action certification. She has particular expertise in drinking water issues and has defended multiple large cities in actions concerning lead.
Bina co-leads the firm’s Toxic Torts & Mass Torts group and serves on the firm’s Management Committee. She speaks and publishes on environmental litigation, and in particular on the subject of novel uses of federal citizen suits.
- Bowdoin College (A.B., 2002)
- Government and Legal Studies
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Notes Editor, Texas Environmental Law Journal, 2006-2008
- District of Columbia
- Defense Research Institute
- Lawyers for Civil Justice
- South Asian Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, Texas Rising Star (2018-2019)
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, Washington, DC, Rising Star (2014-2016)