Claire applies her demonstrated experience with international environmental law and environmental litigation, along with her background in environmental justice, to assist clients with litigation and regulatory matters.
Claire assists clients with both environmental litigation and regulatory advising. She holds experience litigating matters concerning the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), New York's State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQR), environmental tort claims, as well as state and local air quality regulations. Claire’s environmental regulatory practice includes advising clients on a spectrum of environmental compliance concerns, including the integration of environmental justice, environmental social governance, and biodiversity considerations into their business. Claire also maintains a comprehensive waste management practice, with a focus on organic waste diversion.
Before joining Beveridge & Diamond, Claire was an LL.M. Fellow at the Global Center for Environmental Legal Studies (GCELS), part of Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University. Claire authored her LL.M Thesis on “Queering the Right to a Healthy Environment,” which she presented at multiple forums, including the 2022 IUCN Academy of Environmental Law Conference in Brisbane, Australia.
Claire holds a J.D. from Pace Law with certificates in both international and environmental law. During law school, Claire gained environmental litigation experience through internships with the New York State Attorney General and nonprofit sector. She also interned for legal organizations and nonprofits focusing on international environmental diplomacy, international criminal law, and reproductive justice.
As an undergraduate at the University of California, Davis, Claire was the co-founder and manager of Environmental Justice for Underrepresented Communities. She led efforts to promote environmental justice education and support underrepresented communities.
- Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University (LL.M., magna cum laude, 2022)
- Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University (J.D., summa cum laude, 2021)
- Merit Scholarship; Dean’s List Fall 2019, Spring 2020, and Fall 2020
- Lambda Law Students Association, Vice President
- University of California - Davis (B.S., 2017)
- Environmental Policy Analysis and Planning
- Chicanx Studies Minor
- U.S. District Court - Central District of California
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of California
- Spanish (proficiency)