Dan represents clients in complex civil environmental litigation and counsels a diverse group of product manufacturers on compliance issues.
His litigation experience includes all aspects of electronic discovery, expert work, and trial preparation for a series of products liability and toxic tort cases related to alleged groundwater contamination involving a gasoline additive. His product-focused practice is principally focused on two industries – information technology and pesticides.
Dan advises information technology clients on state, federal and international legislation related to energy efficiency, product take-back, and green procurement. He assists manufacturers on a variety of compliance and market access issues including:
- Tracking and compliance with energy efficiency performance metrics and requirements relating to data center facilities.
- Compliance with state, federal and foreign energy performance standards, testing, and labeling requirements.
- Preparation of comments regarding state and federal proposals to regulate the energy performance for electronic products and impose testing, reporting, certification, and labeling requirements.
- Conformance with ENERGY STAR specifications and partnership requirements and challenges to disqualification and delisting.
- Conformance with green procurement and other ecodesign requirements in the United States and Europe relating to energy efficiency, product take-back, and other end-of-life requirements.
Dan represents R&D companies in administrative proceedings and data compensation arbitrations under FIFRA. He also counsels pesticide industry clients on a variety of compliance issues arising under FIFRA, defense against federal enforcement actions and on federal pesticide product reviews.
- Cornell University (B.A., 2001)
- Georgetown University (J.D., cum laude, 2005)
- Georgetown Law Journal
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court - Maryland
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of New York
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, Washington, DC, Rising Star (2014-2019)