Jesse uses his experience as a biologist to counsel clients on litigation and compliance matters.
Jesse advises clients from individuals to FORTUNE® 500 companies on federal and state litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and regulatory compliance matters with a focus on endangered and protected species.
Jesse was a published biologist prior to law school. He studied the effects of insecticides on wetland ecosystems and the effects of mineral transport on amphibian populations. Jesse now bridges the gap between the scientific and legal communities using his subject matter fluency in each. Jesse also gained vocational experience doing environmental work for two federal agencies, a non-profit, and a major petroleum company.
Prior to entering private practice, Jesse clerked for the Honorable David S. Mann of the Washington State Court of Appeals, Division I. Jesse drafted bench memoranda and judicial opinions for more than fifty cases ranging from criminal convictions to complex civil litigation.
While pursuing his J.D., Jesse was the president of Lewis & Clark Law’s Environmental Law Caucus, served as the Natural Resources Committee Representative of the Student Bar Association, and received the school’s Pro Bono Honors Award upon graduation.
Outside of the office, Jesse is an avid backpacker and outdoor enthusiast. He also enjoys cooking, especially southern recipes that remind him of home in the Appalachian Mountains.
- Lewis & Clark (J.D., cum laude, 2020)
- Certificate in Environmental & Natural Resource Law
- Environmental Law Fellow
- Pro Bono Honors Award
- Environmental Law Caucus, President
- Purdue University (M.S., 2015)
- Aquatic Ecology
- Latino Graduate Student Organization, President
- The University of Virginia’s College at Wise (B.S., 2013)
- Biology, Spanish Minor
- Sigma Delta Math and Science Honor Society, Vice President
- Sigma Delta Pi Spanish Honor Society
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Washington
- Washington State Bar Association, Environmental and Land Use Section
- King County Bar Association, Environmental and Land Use Section
- Spanish (proficiency)