Kennard assists clients with developing litigation strategies on a broad range of commercial and environmental matters.
Kennard is involved at every step of the litigation process, from drafting pleadings, motions, and settlement agreements to conducting mediations, settlement negotiations, formal discovery, depositions, research, oral arguments, and trial preparation and participation. He has represented large companies in toxic tort litigation, wrongful death suits, product liability cases, eminent domain, and more. He also has experience in alternative dispute resolution, helping major corporations reach favorable outcomes in arbitration.
Prior to joining private practice, Kennard served as a law clerk for Judge Kern Reese in Division L of the Orleans Parish Civil District Court and as an extern for Senior Judge Ivan L. R. Lemelle of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law (J.D., 2018)
- University of New Orleans (B.S., 2015)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court – District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Fifth Circuit
- American Bar Association, Section of Tort Trial and Insurance Practice
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Chair, DRI Diversity and Inclusion Membership Committee
- "Diversity Begets Diversity: General Counsel Perspectives on DEI Initiatives in Law Firms," Diversity Matters Newsletter (Fall 2022); republished in DRI For The Defense (September 2022), and Association of Corporate Counsel Docket (February 2023)
"Be Kind But Firm: Standing Up Against Implicit Bias as An Attorney," DRI Voices (December 2021); republished in Baker Donelson Diversity Matters Newsletter (Fourth Quarter 2021), New Orleans CityBusiness (December 10, 2021)
"Attorneys' Opportunities to Steer Social Change During the COVID-19 Pandemic," DRI Voices (March 2021)