Leah’s practice focuses on civil litigation in both state and federal courts and advising clients on regulatory matters arising under environmental laws.
Leah has handled litigation and regulatory matters arising under the Clean Water Act; the Clean Air Act; the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act; the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act; and state counterparts, and represented clients before state and federal regulatory agencies in environmental matters. Leah has also assisted in numerous internal investigations and defended corporations and individuals against criminal charges of violating environmental laws.
Leah lives in and works from Nashville, Tennessee and represents clients before the Tennessee Department of Environment Conservation. Prior to law school, Leah served as an intern with ARCO Chemical Products in Brussels, Belgium.
- American University (B.A., cum laude, 1993)
- Political Science
- Vanderbilt University (J.D., 1997)
- Vanderbilt University (Ph.D., 2017)
- Environmental Engineering
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association; Section of the Environment, Energy and Resources; Committee on Innovations, Management Systems and Trading; past Chair and Vice Chair
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association