Leah’s practice focuses on civil litigation in both state and federal courts and advising clients on regulatory matters arising under environmental laws.
Leah has handled litigation and regulatory matters arising under the Clean Water Act; the Clean Air Act; the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act; the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act; and state counterparts, and represented clients before state and federal regulatory agencies in environmental matters. Leah also counsels clients regarding emerging standards around analysis, disclosure, and reporting of climate-related risks. She regularly speaks and publishes on climate risk disclosure and other topics of concern to the regulated community. In 2020, Leah was admitted as a member to the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC), an invitation only, peer-reviewed admission process.
Leah lives in and works from Nashville, Tennessee, and also represents clients before the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation. She received her Ph.D. in environmental engineering from Vanderbilt University in 2016. Her engineering background provides her a unique vantage point from which to craft creative legal approaches to support her clients and understand their businesses.
Leah holds an appointment at Vanderbilt University where she teaches a climate change course that prepares students to engage in the annual United Nations international climate negotiations (known as COPs).
- American University (B.A., cum laude, 1993)
- Political Science
- Vanderbilt University (J.D., 1997)
- Vanderbilt University (Ph.D., 2016)
- Environmental Engineering
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association; Section of the Environment, Energy and Resources; Committee on Innovations, Management Systems and Trading; past Chair and Vice Chair
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC), Member
- Nashville Bar Association