Leigh maintains a national practice focused on complex litigation and regulatory matters related to solid and hazardous waste issues.
Her representative experience includes work on land use and solid waste litigation, permit compliance, and CERCLA allocation. She also counsels clients on solid and hazardous waste issues, helping clients comply with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
Leigh maintains a robust pro bono practice representing special immigrant juveniles and serves as a Co-Deputy Chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee. She also sits on the firm's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Recruiting Committees.
Prior to joining B&D, Leigh attended the Georgetown University Law Center, where she served as Managing Editor of the Georgetown Environmental Law Review, Treasurer of the Environmental Law Society, and Political Chair of the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association. As a member of Georgetown’s moot court team, she finished as a semifinalist at the 2018 Jeffrey G. Miller National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition.
During law school, Leigh externed at the U.S. Department of Justice in the Environmental Enforcement Section of the Environment and Natural Resources Division, the Environmental Law Institute (ELI), and Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families. While externing at ELI, she assisted in the drafting of the UN Environment’s Environmental Rule of Law: First Global Report.
Before law school, Leigh taught ninth-grade Algebra I in Jackson, Mississippi as a 2014 Teach for America Corps Member.
- Wellesley College (B.A., magna cum laude, 2014)
- Environmental Studies
- Tri-College Sustainability Certificate (from Babson College, Olin College of Engineering, and Wellesley College)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Georgetown University (J.D., cum laude, 2019)
- Barristers’ Council, Appellate Advocacy Division, 2017-2019
- Georgetown Environmental Law Review (Managing Editor, 2018-2019)
Honors & Awards
- 2023 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder
- Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll (2021, 2022)
- Jeffrey G. Miller National Environmental Law Moot Court Semifinalist (2018)
Leigh currently serves as the B&D representative on the Legal Advisory Committee for the Capital Area Immigrants' Rights (CAIR) Coalition. During law school, Leigh completed over 200 hours of pro bono work at institutions including the Veterans Consortium, the National Law School Farm Bill Research Consortium, the Chesapeake Legal Alliance, and the Pro Bono Project in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- District of Columbia