Mary focuses her practice on a mix of regulatory advising and environmental litigation.
She advises clients on issues arising under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and the Clean Air Act (CAA). Mary also has experience with toxic tort litigation and advising on waste and product regulation.
Prior to joining Beveridge & Diamond, Mary served as a Law Clerk with the U.S. Department of Justice in the Environment & National Resources Division, Environmental Enforcement Section, and at the Environmental Law Institute and the Conservation Litigation Project.
During law school, Mary co-authored a chapter in the Routledge Handbook of International Environmental Law (Erika Techera et al. eds., 2d ed. 2021).
- Rhodes College (B.S., cum laude, 2017)
- George Washington University (J.D., with High Honors, 2021)
- Order of the Coif
- The George Washington Law Review, Notes Editor, Spring 2020-2021
- Concentration: Environmental Law
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Tennessee
- Vice-Chair for the 2021 Edition of The Year in Review 2020, ABA SEER International Environmental and Resources Law Committee
- Environmental Law Institute Emerging Leaders Initiative
Executive Board Member, Taraloka Foundation, 2015-Present