Clients trust Mike to litigate and resolve their most significant and complicated environmental disputes.
Mike is an environmental litigator in the Austin office of Beveridge & Diamond, with a national practice representing companies in CERCLA actions, environmental mass torts and class actions, and federal citizen suits. Mike partners with his clients to create and execute litigation strategies in some of the largest and most complex CERCLA and environmental tort cases in federal and state courts across the country. He is skilled at presenting complex scientific and technical issues. He recently served as a lead trial attorney defending a national waste management company in federal court in a significant environmental mass tort.
Mike leverages his experience as an attorney with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality to help clients prevent environmental violations or resolve civil and administrative enforcement actions favorably.
Mike is a Calvert Inn of Court member and a past chair of the Austin Bar Environmental Section. Before law school, Mike was a Teach for America Corps member in New York, where he taught sixth and seventh-grade social studies.
- University of Texas - Austin (B.S., 2006)
- History, Advertising
- University of Texas - Austin (J.D., with Honors, 2012)
- American Journal of Criminal Law, Articles Editor
- Southern District of Texas
Honors & Awards
- "Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch," a Best Lawyers® publication, recognition in Environmental Litigation and Commercial Litigation (2024)
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, Texas Rising Star in Environmental Litigation (2023)
- The Legal 500, recognition in Environmental Litigation (2022)
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, Texas Rising Star in Environmental Litigation (2022)