Roy focuses his practice on complex environmental and commercial litigation in state and federal court, working with clients across a broad range of industry sectors.
His experience includes:
- Defending clients in citizen suits, administrative permitting challenges, and class action suits involving toxic tort claims of alleged environmental exposures.
- Advising clients on a variety of issues relating to enforcement, cleanup, and cost recovery under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), and state analogues.
- Representing clients in indemnity and other contract disputes relating to environmental issues in commercial transactions and construction.
- Obtaining dismissal of a case in New York state court involving alleged contract and environmental claims relating to a dispute over the removal of underground storage tanks.
- Winning emergency injunction enforcing class action settlement and dismissing pending claims against a large financial services company.
- Negotiating favorable settlements for software company while managing its copyright enforcement and litigation efforts.
Roy also maintains a commitment to pro bono service. He has been recognized by the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas' Pro Bono Honor Roll for assisting indigent and homeless clients in resolving contract disputes and obtaining public benefits. For his service with the Prisoner Pro Se Civil Rights Panel where he represented a prisoner in a civil rights case, Roy received a Certificate of Appreciation from the Judges of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Prior to joining Beveridge & Diamond, Roy was a litigation associate in the Philadelphia office of a multinational law firm.
Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., 2006)
- International Relations
- Georgetown University (J.D., 2009)
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals - First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Member, American Bar Association