Sharon helps clients navigate issues relating to air, climate change, and environmental justice.
Sharon joined B&D after receiving her LLM from Stanford University in 2023. She has a particular interest in international regulations for products compliance and natural resources litigation. Sharon has experience navigating Indian domestic environmental policies such as the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986, and the Air Act, 1981, and international climate change agreements such as the Paris Agreement.
At Stanford, Sharon was a Member Editor of the Stanford Environmental Law Journal, a member of the Environmental Law Pro Bono Project, and a research assistant with the Stanford Sustainable Finance Initiative.
- Stanford University (LL.M., 2023)
- Member Editor, Stanford Environmental Law Journal
- Member, Environmental Law Pro Bono Project (California Air Resources Board)
- Research Assistant, Stanford Sustainable Finance Initiative
- National Law School of India University (2020)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Law and Policy
- Gujarat National Law University (2018)
- Bachelor of Arts and Law (B.A. LL.B, J.D. equivalent)
- Shibani Ghosh, Arunesh Karkun, Sharon Mathew, Prannv Dhawan, Bhargav Krishna, The State of India’s Pollution Control Boards (working paper) (Oct. 17, 2022).
- Sharon Mathew, An onslaught of red alerts: Is India ready for recurring extreme climate events, The Leaflet (June 5, 2022) https://theleaflet.in/an-onslaught-of-red-alerts-is-india-ready-for-recurring-extreme-climate-events/
- Santosh Harish, Shibani Ghosh and Sharon Mathew, The CAQM Act 2021: An Overview, Centre for Policy Research (Sept. 17, 2021) https://cprindia.org/research/reports/caqm-act-2021-overview
- Mandakini Chandra, Sharon Mathew and Arunesh Karkun, Hot and Flooded: What the IPCC Report Forecasts for India’s Development Future, The Wire: Science (Sept. 4, 2021) https://science.thewire.in/environment/what-the-ipcc-reportforecasts-for-india-development-future/
- Sharon Mathew and Nona Uppal, Marking 40 years of India’s Air Act (March 29, 1981), Environmentality (Apr. 22, 2021) https://environmentality.cprindia.org/blog/40-years-of-the-air-act
- Sharon Mathew, On the Union Budget 2021, Environmentality (Feb. 7, 2021) https://environmentality.cprindia.org/blog/stories-to-watch-on-the-union-budget-202 1
- Sharon Mathew and Arunesh Karkun, What Can COVID-19 Teach Our Government About Communicating Air Quality?, The Wire: Science (Dec.16, 2020) https://science.thewire.in/environment/covid-19-information-dissemination-modelsair-pollution-quality-communication-government/
- Sharon Mathew, The African Great Green Wall Initiative – A Beacon of Hope to Reverse the Imminent Impact of Climate Change, National Law School of India University Blog (Oct. 2, 2019) https://nlspub.ac.in/the-african-great-green-wall-initiativea-beacon-of-hope-to-reverse-the-imminent-impact-of-climate-change/
- Sharon Mathew and Sharad Kodianthara, Our Planet’s Health is Our Wealth, The International Journal of Law and Interdisciplinary Legal Studies, Vol 4 Issue 1, Oxford (2017)
- Sharon Mathew, India’s Approach to Sustainable Mobility, Indian Journal of Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Law, Vol 2 Issue 1, Allahabad (2017)