Brook's practice focuses on climate change, renewable energy, and environmental litigation.
Brook helps his clients to navigate domestic and international climate change programs, develop renewable energy projects, and generate carbon offsets. He helps his clients to negotiate, structure, and implement transactions related to carbon offsets and renewable energy, and works with clients during all phases of renewable energy and carbon offset project development. Brook also represents clients during complex environmental litigation, having served as litigation and appellate counsel during dozens of proceedings in state and federal courts across the country.
Prior to joining the firm, Brook was an associate in the environmental department of a large international law firm.
Brook served as a law clerk at the U.S. Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division, where he worked on a range of legal issues arising under federal environmental law, including Clean Water Act (CWA) wetlands jurisdiction, liability under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) compliance, and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) requirements.
Brook also maintains an active pro bono practice, counseling individuals and non-profit entities on a range of legal matters in Massachusetts.
- Dartmouth College (B.A., 1998)
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental Studies Department, Teaching Assistant
- Biology Department, Research Assistant
- Lewis & Clark (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009)
- Certificate in Environmental & Natural Resources Law
- Environmental Law Review, Associate Editor
- Moot Court Honor Board
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals - First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court – District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court – Colorado
- U.S. District Court - Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court – Western District of New York
- Boston Bar Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy and Resources
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, Massachusetts Rising Star (2017-2019)