Gus focuses his practice on contaminated site cleanup and litigation under CERCLA and state superfund statutes. He also advises clients on regulatory compliance and defends enforcement actions under federal and state water quality, air quality, and climate change laws.
Before joining the firm, Gus interned at the Seattle City Attorney’s Office, the San Francisco City Attorney’s Office, and the Sierra Club.
In law school, he served as an editor of the University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform and co-founded the Michigan Journal of Environmental and Administrative Law. He also served as a teaching assistant for an undergraduate environmental law and policy course.
Prior to law school, he worked as an environmental consultant in Seattle.
- Stanford University (B.A., with Honors, 2005)
- University of Michigan (M.S., 2013)
- University of Michigan (J.D., magna cum laude, 2013)
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
- King County Bar Association, Environmental and Land Use Section (Secretary, 2014-2016)
- Washington State Bar Association, Environmental and Land Use Law Section
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers/Rising Stars, Washington Rising Star (2017-2019)