Gus is a well-rounded, creative, and energetic environmental lawyer.
He provides solutions-oriented legal representation on a range of issues to clients in many industries. His broad practice spans litigation, enforcement defense, and regulatory compliance counseling.
Gus advises clients on complex contaminated site cleanups, liability management, and litigation under CERCLA and similar state statutes. He is a co-chair of the firm’s CERCLA, Brownfields, and Subsurface Contamination practice group.
He also counsels clients facing multi-faceted enforcement and regulatory compliance issues under federal and state hazardous waste, water quality, air quality, and climate change laws, and he has experience in natural resource management matters.
In law school, Gus was an editor of the University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform and co-founded the Michigan Journal of Environmental and Administrative Law. He also served as a teaching assistant for an undergraduate environmental law and policy course.
Prior to law school, he worked as an environmental consultant in Seattle.
- Stanford University (B.A., with Honors, 2005)
- University of Michigan (M.S., 2013)
- University of Michigan (J.D., magna cum laude, 2013)
Professional Affiliations & Activities
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
- King County Bar Association, Environmental and Land Use Section (Secretary, 2014-2016)
- Washington State Bar Association, Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- Washington State Department of Ecology, Model Toxics Control Act Stakeholder & Tribal Advisory Group Member
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, Washington Rising Star (2017-2021)
- Featured in Bloomberg Law’s “They’ve Got Next: Five Fresh Faces to Know in Environmental Law” (2021)