Collin maintains a national practice focused on complex environmental and toxic tort litigation matters.
While Collin focuses primarily on environmental litigation, he also applies his litigation background to resolve associated regulatory issues, advise on transactions involving environmental matters, and recover insurance dollars on behalf of policyholders facing critical loss exposure.
His educational background in the humanities and natural sciences, and his experience clerking in federal and state supreme courts, uniquely position him to understand clients’ sophisticated technical processes, provide clients counsel concerning these processes, and then capably represent clients’ interests in any litigation forum. During his time at the University of Michigan Law School, Collin contributed publications on environmental and climate insurance-related legal topics to the Michigan Journal of Environmental and Administrative Law and the Michigan Journal of Public Affairs.
Through his emphasis on litigation and enforcement involving critical infrastructure and emerging chemicals of concern, Collin is well-versed in helping clients make reasoned judgments in complicated situations. Strategically navigating the complex interplay between political, community, and industry interests – especially in the context of ongoing air litigation and enforcement – is always the priority.
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Environmental Studies, History & Philosophy of Science
- University of Michigan (J.D., cum laude, 2015)
- United States District Judge James O. Browning, U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- Chief Justice Barbara J. Vigil, Supreme Court of New Mexico
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals - D.C. Circuit
- U.S. District Court – District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court - Maryland
- U.S. District Court – New Mexico
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Toxic Tort and Environmental Law Committee
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, Maryland Rising Star (2022-2023)
- Actively Managing Risky Behavior: How the Insurance Industry Should Address a Changing Climate, 12 MICH. J. PUB. AFFAIRS 35 (2015)
- Legal Protection for Groundwater Dependent Ecosystems, 4 MICH. J. ENVTL. & ADMIN. L. 183 (2014)