Dan's litigation experience includes:
- Toxic Tort/Product Liability: Dan is a lead member of a team of B&D attorneys defending product liability cases related to alleged groundwater contamination involving the gasoline additive MTBE.
- Emerging Contaminants: Dan serves a lead role defending a client from product liability and tort claims relating to alleged releases of 1,4-dioxane.
- Permit Defense: Dan led a trial team that successfully defended a client’s operational permit from an emergency challenge that threatened millions of dollars in production. The victory allowed the client to continue production uninterrupted.
- International Toxic Tort Defense: Dan successfully defended two major trade associations against claims that they improperly promoted an agricultural chemical in Latin America, securing dismissal of the action early in the litigation.
- Hazardous Waste Site Remediation: On behalf of a group of potentially responsible parties (PRPs) that cooperated in the cleanup of a major hazardous waste site in western New York, Dan won a favorable summary judgment ruling under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA).
- Common Law Tort Claims: Representing ten airline defendants that had been sued for nuisance and trespass by a landowner near a major regional airport, Dan secured dismissal of all claims against his clients early in the proceedings.