Dave is the Managing Principal and co-founder of Beveridge & Diamond’s Seattle office.
He also serves as the co-chair of the firm’s Air and Climate Change group. Dave focuses his practice on environmental litigation and compliance counseling, including air and water quality regulation, hazardous waste handling and remediation, and contaminated site cleanups under federal and state laws.
A cornerstone of Dave's practice is advising clients on national air quality and climate change issues. He represents businesses in connection with enforcement proceedings, agency rulemakings, and permitting issues under the Clean Air Act and similar state air laws and regulations. His work has included a wide range of CAA compliance issues, including Title V, NSR/PSD, NSPS, and NESHAP/MACT projects. He also has significant experience in matters related to the regulation of mobile and off-road sources, such as California’s off-road diesel and large spark-ignition regulations.
Dave also devotes a significant portion of his practice to handling complex environmental remediation and restoration projects. He has extensive experience in successfully and efficiently prosecuting and defending cost recovery and natural resource damages claims under CERCLA and state Superfund laws.
- University of Oregon (B.S., 1998)
- Journalism, Political Science
- University of Oregon (J.D., 2001)
- Associate Editor of the Oregon Law Review
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
- EPA Region 10 Reporter, Air Quality Committee
- Former Vice-Chair, Environmental Litigation and Toxic Torts Committee
Dave has represented Washington State CASA, the Pike Market Medical Clinic, and KCBA’s Legal Services for the Homeless Program on a pro bono basis.
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, Washington Rising Star (2005-2012; 2015)
- The Legal 500, recognition in Environmental Litigation and Regulatory Law (2019)