Examples of David's experience include1:
- Outside counsel to a major international transportation company, advising on federal and state air quality compliance, permitting, enforcement, and climate change matters.
- Represent multiple parties in preparing defenses to contribution, cost recovery, and natural resource damages claims at Superfund sediment sites, including cases involving a regional electric utility, a U.S. affiliate of a major steel manufacturer, and a national paper and packaging manufacturer.
- For multiple clients, regularly support corporate transactions that involve or implicate environmental issues. Provide advice on the allocation of environmental risks, and assist in the development of new environmental audit and risk assessment techniques.
- Represented multiple parties in citizen suit actions under the CWA, including suits brought against a Washington municipal sewer district and against a plastic film manufacturer.
- Represented the nation’s largest producer of building materials made from polystyrene (EPS) insulating foam. Representation included responding to Section 114 information requests and notices of violations under the CAA; petitioning for Title V permit variances; and challenging draft Title V permit issued by regional air authority.
- Represented an EPA remedial action construction contractor in defending claims by property owner for contribution for costs of conducting EPA emergency removal action at pesticide-contaminated hop farm.
- Represented one of the Northwest’s leading utilities on multiple manufactured gas plant remediation / cleanup sites, including at Superfund sediment sites.
- Represented a leather manufacturer in a CERCLA/Oregon hazardous substance statute lawsuit, and ODEQ consent judgment proceedings concerning a former tannery.
- Represented owner of wood treatment facility in defense of claims by EPA for recovery of costs incurred by EPA in performing time-critical emergency removal action.
1 Experience listed here includes work done at other law firms.