Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Eric’s significant litigation outcomes include:
- Serving as second chair and handling plaintiff and defense expert causation witnesses in a defense verdict in a 6-week federal court trial that returned a verdict of no liability for a major global manufacturer in a $12 million cost recovery case involving cleanup of PCBs in a historically industrial area of Boston;
- Persuading a Washington, DC, court to enter one of the first preliminary injunctions in the country to enjoin cigarette smoking in a residential rowhouse on the basis of structural defects that caused heavy smoke to flow regularly into the interior of a neighboring property;
- Defending a client in cross-claims resulting in a complete indemnification for judgment and defense from a fuel company of the owner of a gasoline service station in a $1 billion claim for damages from groundwater contamination following a fuel spill in Maryland;
- Obtaining dismissal of a putative commercial class action where a plaintiff attempted to bring a cause of action against a title company based solely on professional rules governing the practice of law in Delaware; and
- Obtaining dismissal of asbestos-related common law and statutory claims against the owner of a residential apartment complex and enjoined the plaintiff from further action against Eric’s client.