Julius is a litigator and counselor who maintains a national practice.
He represents clients in complex matters in civil litigation and administrative regulatory proceedings arising under the Clean Water Act, the Safe Drinking Water Act, the Clean Air Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA). His ability to connect with clients and learn the intricacies of their businesses allows him to align his legal counsel with targeted actions that advance clients’ goals.
Handling cases in state and federal courts throughout the United States, his knowledge of the legal processes and his multifaceted experience in resolving conflicts enables him to achieve favorable results that satisfy both practical and economic objectives for the firm’s clients.
For example, in a recent Clean Water Act citizen suit, Julius was a key trial team member that represented a client facing $4 trillion in damages. In addition to completing the lion’s share of due diligence, he prepared the strategy that was instrumental in discrediting one of plaintiffs’ experts, who had conducted a “study” in an effort to prove the client’s liability.
Environmental Compliance Counseling
Julius counsels clients on developing and implementing environmental compliance programs. He never loses sight of the strategies needed to operate businesses more effectively within various regulatory regimes and laws. He helps clients optimize their processes and ensure that they are in compliance with their environmental obligations. Additionally, helps clients test the effectiveness of programs through environmental audits.
For Julius, practicing law also provides an effective way for him to be a catalyst for societal change. When situations present, he advises clients on strategies to consider the concerns of the traditionally disenfranchised. Among recent examples, Julius worked alongside a leading utility company that faced significant opposition to several projects based on their potential impact on low-income and minority residents. To help resolve these issues—and mitigate future opposition—Julius helped the company design and implement a comprehensive environmental justice (EJ) program. The program now enables the company to proactively engage—consistently and uniformly—with the local communities that they serve and, where feasible, incorporate the communities’ concerns in project planning.
Civic Involvement and Pro Bono Legal Service
Julius maintains an active civic volunteer profile. He is a founding member of the Men of Color Project (MoCP), an organization designed to build leaders in the legal sector, facilitate intergenerational support, and encourage community service and civic engagement amongst men of color in the legal profession. He is also involved in prisoner advocacy, having spearheaded the firm’s participation in the Clemency Project, where attorneys assisted low-level, non-violent federal inmates in obtaining executive clemency via an Obama Administration initiative.
Since law school, Julius has been committed to providing pro bono representation, which included his work that secured the release of an inmate who was wrongfully convicted of murder after he had served 24 years in prison. Additionally, has represented pro bono clients in various areas of the law, including immigration, education, and landlord/tenant matters, to name a few.
He also mentors junior and senior high school students through several non-profit organizations, including UCF Youth Development Organization and JTB – A Pipeline Organization, among several others.
- Gettysburg College (B.A., 2007)
- Political Science
- Rutgers University (J.D., 2010)
- District of Columbia
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - New Jersey
- Legal Council on Legal Diversity, Pathfinder
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy and Resources
- National Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- National Bar Association, Environmental, Energy & Public Utilities Law Section
Honors & Awards
- Law360 Rising Star (2021)
- The Legal 500, recognition in Environmental Litigation (2021)
- Lawdragon 500 Leading U.S. Environmental & Energy Lawyers (2021)
- Super Lawyers/Rising Stars, Washington, DC, Rising Star (2017-2020)
- National Bar Association, Nation’s Best Advocates: Top 40 Under 40
- Washington Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, The Ronald C. Jessamy Professionalism Award (2017)
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Star of the Quarter (3rd Quarter 2016, 2nd Quarter 2017, 3rd Quarter 2018)
- Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll (2016-2017)
Prior to joining Beveridge & Diamond, Julius clerked for the Hon. Susan D. Wigenton, U.S. District Judge for the District of New Jersey.