Julius is a litigator and counselor who maintains a national practice.
He represents clients in various industries in complex civil litigation, enforcement actions, and administrative regulatory proceedings. Much of his litigation practice is focused on environmental issues, representing clients in contaminated property disputes; toxic tort claims; contractual disputes; and complex commercial litigation. His ability to connect with clients and learn the intricacies of their businesses allows him to align his legal counsel with targeted actions to advance clients’ goals.
Handling cases in state and federal courts throughout the United States, his multifaceted experience in resolving conflicts enables him to achieve favorable results that satisfy both practical and economic objectives for the firm’s clients.
Julius also co-founded and co-chairs B&D’s Environmental Justice (EJ) practice group. He advises clients, evaluates EJ operational risks, designs and implements comprehensive EJ strategies, and proactively implements EJ considerations in project development. Julius regularly speaks and writes on EJ issues and is routinely quoted on EJ developments in publications such as Law360, Bloomberg, InsideEPA, and E&E News. He also frequently hosts episodes of Groundtruth, an EJ-focused podcast series created in partnership with the Environmental Law Institute.
Environmental Compliance Counseling
Julius is a trusted advisor who provides strategic advice to C-suite executives and operational personnel on various environmental compliance and emerging risks, including ESG issues and emerging contaminants, like PFAS. He counsels clients on developing and implementing environmental compliance programs, and helps clients test the effectiveness of programs through environmental audits.
Civic Involvement and Pro Bono Legal Service
Julius maintains an active civic volunteer profile. He is a founding member of the Men of Color Project (MoCP), an organization designed to build leaders in the legal sector, facilitate intergenerational support, and encourage community service and civic engagement amongst men of color in the legal profession. He is also involved in prisoner advocacy, having spearheaded the firm’s participation in the Clemency Project, where attorneys assisted low-level, non-violent federal inmates in obtaining executive clemency via an Obama Administration initiative.
Since law school, Julius has been committed to providing pro bono representation, which included his work that secured the release of an inmate who was wrongfully convicted of murder after he had served 24 years in prison. Additionally, has represented pro bono clients in various areas of the law, including immigration, education, and landlord/tenant matters, to name a few.
Julius is also a board member of Unity Christian Fellowship, a STEM-focused non-profit youth development organization.
- Gettysburg College (B.A., 2007)
- Political Science
- Rutgers University (J.D., 2010)
- District of Columbia
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - New Jersey
- Legal Council on Legal Diversity, Pathfinder
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy and Resources
- National Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- National Bar Association, Environmental, Energy & Public Utilities Law Section
Honors & Awards
- The LawDragon Green 500: Leaders in Environmental Law (2023)
- "Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch," a Best Lawyers® publication, for Environmental Law (2022-2023)
- MCCA Rising Star Award (2022)
- Law360 Rising Star (2021)
- The Legal 500, recognition in Environmental Regulatory Law (2022, 2023) and Litigation (2021)
- Lawdragon 500 Leading U.S. Environmental & Energy Lawyers (2021)
- Super Lawyers/Rising Stars, Washington, DC, Rising Star (2017-2020)
- National Bar Association, Nation’s Best Advocates: Top 40 Under 40
- Washington Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, The Ronald C. Jessamy Professionalism Award (2017)
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Star of the Quarter (3rd Quarter 2016, 2nd Quarter 2017, 3rd Quarter 2018)
- Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll (2016-2017)
Prior to joining Beveridge & Diamond, Julius clerked for the Hon. Susan D. Wigenton, U.S. District Judge for the District of New Jersey.