Julius is a litigator and counselor who maintains a national practice.
He handles cases in state and federal courts throughout the United States, and he has a successful track record of obtaining favorable results for clients in complex matters. As a counselor, Julius strives to understand his clients’ businesses so he can effectively advise them, allowing clients to minimize risk and maximize profitability.
Julius' experience includes guiding clients through civil litigation, white collar prosecutions, and administrative regulatory proceedings in matters arising under the Clean Water Act, the Safe Drinking Water Act, the Clean Air Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA).
Highlights of Julius' experience include:1
- First-chairing two commercial litigation jury trials and second-chairing bench trial of multi-million dollar commercial litigation matter.
- Being key member of team representing leading transportation company in Clean Water Act matter seeking approximately $4T in damages; matter settled during trial for a substantial discount to the demand.
- Securing the dismissal of two pipeline companies in an action alleging responsibility for $25 million in damages resulting from contaminated drinking water wells.
- Playing significant role in obtaining favorable settlement on behalf of a major city’s water utility in litigation alleging lead contamination of drinking water.
- Obtaining dismissal of a Fortune 100 chemical manufacturer in two occupational exposure cases without answering any discovery.
- Counseling leading refining company on compliance with state analog to CERCLA.
- Assisting in the successful appeal of a $205 million adverse jury verdict against a multi-national chemical manufacturer.
- Advising client regarding applicable regulations in dispute with a regional gas station and convenience store operator concerning underground storage tank leaks.
- Negotiating and drafting the settlement of a complicated insurance coverage matter.
Prior to joining Beveridge & Diamond, Julius clerked for the Hon. Susan D. Wigenton, U.S. District Judge for the District of New Jersey.
While at Rutgers University School of Law, Julius received the Senior Alumni Award for the Greatest Achievement During Law School and Greatest Future Promise, and also received the Eric R. Neisser Pro Bono Service Award. Julius served as a Student Legal Representative in the Urban Legal Clinic.
- Gettysburg College (B.A., 2007)
- Political Science
- Rutgers University (J.D., 2010)
- District of Columbia
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - New Jersey
- Garden State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Chair of Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources Law Committee
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy and Natural Resources, Young Lawyers Liaison to the Section, Division and Forum Coordination Team
A firm believer in giving back, Julius maintains an active pro bono practice. For example, he led the Firm’s participation in Clemency Project 2014. Through the initiative, firm attorneys secured executive clemency from President Obama for two low-level, non-violent drug offenders, knocking years off their prison terms. He also mentors youth and law students through his volunteerism with several non-profit organizations.