Julius's experience includes:
- Serving as first chair for two commercial litigation jury trials and second-chaired a bench trial of a multi-million-dollar commercial litigation matter.
- Serving as a key member of a trial team that represented a leading transportation company in a Clean Water Act matter seeking approximately $4T in damages where the matter settled during trial for a substantial discount to the demand.
- Playing leadership role working as part of the Department of Justice-appointed Independent Corporate Compliance Monitor and Auditor team in connection with the Volkswagen AG emissions proceedings, where he focused on efforts to improve the company’s environmental compliance program.
- Securing the dismissal of two pipeline companies in an action alleging responsibility for $25 million in damages resulting from contaminated drinking water wells.
- Playing a significant role in obtaining a favorable settlement on behalf of a major city’s water utility in litigation alleging lead contamination of drinking water.
- Counseling companies on “voluntary disclosures” of environmental compliance violations under EPA’s self-disclosure policy and analogous state-based policies.
- Obtaining dismissal of a Fortune 100 chemical manufacturer in two occupational exposure cases without answering any discovery.
- Working with a leading testing, inspection, and certification company to ensure business practices comply with applicable regulations and assisting it to perform an audit to test the effectiveness of those processes.
- Counseling a leading refining company on compliance with a state analog to CERCLA.