Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Examples of Marc’s experience include:
- Securing a verdict of no liability following a six-week jury trial in U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts in a 17-party contribution action regarding PCB contamination in a Boston river on behalf of a large multinational company and coordinating a joint defense group in a defense of $12.5 million in cleanup cost claims.
- Permitting solid waste projects, including a controversial 1,000-ton-per-day waste transfer station in Holbrook, Massachusetts opposed by neighboring towns as well as successfully obtaining and defending permits from the local conservation commission, zoning board, and planning board.
- Responding to third-party discovery requests at the U.S. Surface Transportation Board in litigation regarding railroad tariffs on behalf of the largest owner of rail tank cars.
- Preparing for trial in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in a $100-million citizen suit brought by the Sierra Club and other environmental groups against largest publicly-owned treatment works system in the Midwest alleging noncompliance with NPDES permit requirements.
- Responding to enforcement actions by state and federal agencies, including successfully resolving an enforcement matter by Massachusetts Attorney General’s office alleging claims of misrepresentations in commercial advertising of pesticides.
- Negotiating and litigating enforcement orders regarding alleged wetland violations under local and state requirements, state pesticide licensing, and failures to obtain necessary zoning permits for businesses.
- Evaluating options for responding to Record of Decision at Portland Harbor Superfund Site requiring a remedy exceeding $1 billion.