Megan represents individuals, trade associations and businesses, including Fortune 500 companies, in complex civil and criminal environmental and toxic tort litigation, including class and mass actions.
Versed in the complexities of e-discovery, Megan helps clients implement cost-effective and fast-paced litigation solutions for all phases of discovery through post-trial proceedings. She also promotes diversity and inclusion within the firm and the legal community, working with the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity and various women's organizations.
A cornerstone of her practice includes helping clients in their pursuit and/or defense of cost recovery and contribution actions by private parties as well as federal and state governments under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) and related state laws, including the New York Navigation Law and the New Jersey Spill Act. In addition, Megan defends clients in toxic tort and product liability litigation as well as class and mass action litigation. Megan’s experience includes groundwater and subsurface contamination issues involving a wide variety of contaminants including PCE, TCE, PCBs, 1,4-dioxane, and lead, among others. She also represents policyholders in insurance coverage disputes under various types of policies, including CGL, D&O and pollution policies. To enhance her arbitration and mediation skills, Megan participates in a formal ADR training program that seeks to increase diversity among ADR neutrals.
Megan is also co-chair of the firm's Litigation practice group. Prior to joining the firm, Megan served as a law clerk to the Honorable Charles L. Brieant, former United States District Judge in the Southern District of New York.
Megan balances her work load by keeping an active lifestyle. In 2011, Megan achieved a lifelong goal of finishing the Lake Placid Ironman in just over 13 hours (which consists of 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile run).
- University of Arizona (B.S., cum laude, 1999)
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Renewable Natural Resources
- Pace University (J.D., magna cum laude, 2003)
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow (2015)
- National Association of Women Lawyers, co-chair of the Litigation Affinity Group
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers/Rising Stars, New York Super Lawyer (2013-2018)
- Legal 500, recognition in Environmental Law (2017)
- Chambers USA, "Attorney to Watch," in Environmental Law (2014-2015)
- Super Lawyers/Rising Stars, New York Rising Star (2012)