Megan's experience includes:
- Representing a major chemical company in a toxic tort and product liability litigation brought by the largest water district in the U.S. for allegedly contaminating its water supply wells with 1,4-dioxane.
- Defending major corporation in mass action involving toxic tort and product liability claims associated with the use and land application of biosolids.
- Representing a major waste management company in several class and mass actions for toxic tort and nuisance claims related to the operations of landfills in several states.
- Obtaining a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a shopping center owner in a CERCLA cost recovery and New Jersey Spill Act action against a former dry cleaning operation.
- Successfully defending a municipality in a AAA arbitration against petitioner’s claims seeking over $5 million based on a contract to construct a waste-to-ethanol facility.
- Obtaining a dismissal, in federal district court and on appeal to the Second Circuit, of a CERCLA action seeking contribution for a $50 million cleanup of an allegedly contaminated historical lead smelter and mining area.
- Defending a chemical company in a CERCLA cost recovery action seeking alleged damages associated with the clean-up of hazardous waste at a chemical-manufacturing facility.
- Defending a Fortune 500 corporation against multi-million dollar CERCLA cost recovery claims for soil led contamination based on historical operations at the site.
- Successfully defending a power plant operator in a combined state and federal criminal investigation involving allegations of multiple violations of the Clean Air Act and obtaining a favorable settlement in a AAA arbitration filed by the owner seeking over $8 million in damages.
- Defending several New York Navigation Law and New Jersey Spill Act actions involving alleged contamination from USTs and historical operations.
- Challenging the constitutionality of New York City's recycling and product take-back mandates on behalf of a coalition of electronics trade groups and manufacturers.