MTCA 30: An Intimate Look at Three Decades of Washington’s Contaminated Site Cleanup Law
Two Union Square
51st Floor Conference Center
601 Union Street
Seattle, WA 98101
Please join Beveridge & Diamond and the Environmental Law Institute (ELI) for a seminar on the Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA), which took effect 30 years ago in March 1989. Structured around three panels, the half-day program will provide attendees with perspectives from key players involved in the development and implementation of MTCA and insights from the stakeholders on the cutting edge of environmental cleanups under the state law, including:
- Christine Gregoire, former Washington Governor, former Washington Attorney General, and former head of the Washington Department of Ecology when MTCA passed
- Jim Pendowski, Toxics Cleanup Program Manager at Ecology
- Rod Brown, Partner at Cascadia Law Group
- Loren Dunn, Principal at Beveridge & Diamond
- And other speakers representing PLPs, the public sector, NGOs, and more.
The seminar will offer a focused exploration of lessons learned over the past 30 years of MTCA and a look at where MTCA is heading in the next 30 years, considering the successes, challenges, and opportunities for contaminated site cleanups in Washington State. A full agenda will be available in the coming weeks.
For more information, and to register, please view the electronic save-the-date. Beveridge & Diamond will apply for CLE credit in states as requested during registration.
Beveridge & Diamond’s Superfund, Site Remediation, and Natural Resources Damages practice group assists clients in litigation and allocation of CERCLA sites, including complex, large-scale sites. We counsel clients on developing case law and requirements under CERCLA and state-equivalent hazardous waste laws.