B&D Sponsoring, Speaking at ACC Houston's Top Water Issues for In-House Counsel Seminar
Karen Hansen (Principal, Austin) and Brett Miller (Associate, Austin) will present, "ACC Houston Environmental Law Practice Group CLE - Staying Out of Hot Water: Top Water Issues for In-House Counsel" on October 4 at Ouisie's Table in Houston.
This lunch & learn will address a variety of "hot topic" issues affecting permits and operations for wastewater and stormwater for in house counsel at organizations with manufacturing operations, refineries, utility companies, chemical plants, wastewater treatment plants, concentrated animal feeding operations, and more. The speakers will discuss insights on recent interpretations from federal and state courts, how agencies may implement these rulings, and potential implications and risks for industry in Texas and nationwide. Among these, we will cover and provide practical tips for managing issues related to:
- What's new in Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES) permitting?
- How are state and federal regulators addressing emerging constituents?
- What is the impact of recent litigation on narrative water quality requirements?
- How do Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs) affect permitting decisions and timelines?
- Water rights – do I need to worry about where my water comes from?
- Why all the increased attention on new and expanded sources of wastewater?
- Do I need an Authorization to Construct (ATC) from TCEQ for my new or expanded wastewater treatment plant?
Bring your questions (or submit to [email protected] in advance), and we will cover those as well!
CLE credit will be available in some jurisdictions. Click here to register.
Beveridge & Diamond is proud to sponsor ACC Houston's Environmental Practice Group. A recognized leader in complex environmental litigation and regulatory compliance counseling, covering the full spectrum of environmental issues, Beveridge & Diamond has sponsored the ACC Environmental & Sustainability Network since 2013.