Hot Topics in Air Law - Houston, TX
Air law has never been more dynamic. The Trump Administration has ushered in new regulatory, enforcement and litigation initiatives that have generated significant state and citizen activity, creating a host of complex challenges for industry. The stage is set for a tumultuous next few years.
On February 27, Beveridge & Diamond's Air and Climate Change Practice Group from around the U.S. will host a half-day seminar designed to help companies navigate this new and evolving legal landscape.
John C. Cruden, former Assistant Attorney General for the Environment and Natural Resources Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, past Chief of Environmental Enforcement, and now a Principal at Beveridge and Diamond, will provide keynote remarks on how corporations can manage environmental crisis situations, drawing from his recent experience leading the litigation and negotiations with both Volkswagen and BP/Deepwater Horizon.
Key topics include:
- Keynote Address: How Corporations Can Manage Crisis Situations
- Trump Administration Air Initiatives
- Executive Orders
- NSR: New Guidance, Presumptive BACT, and More
- Toxics (RTR) and Flaring
- Clean Power Plan
- Key State Initiatives: West Coast, Texas, East Coast
- How Companies are Responding to the Trump Initiatives
- Litigation and Enforcement
- Climate Change Litigation by Municipalities and Citizen Groups
- EPA Enforcement Initiatives
- Lessons Learned from Major Government Cases - VW
Climate Risk Reporting
For more information, please contact Janine Militano.